Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kneedful Things




I unabashedly adore bread.  It is the ultimate comfort food.  When I was home for Christmas my Dad made no-rise bread with honey butter. I devoured it.  I could have eaten the entire loaf.  But I was always skeptical about making it.  Yes on the surface is appears so simple, but simple is just another word for really damn hard. The yeast, faulty oven temperatures, rising, it scared me off .  Like a lot things that involve spending copious amounts of time in the kitchen.  However, after our dear friends made homemade pizza for us last weekend I decided I needed to tackle it.  I lover of bread, must master it.  So voila! I made breakfast pizza on Sunday. From this recipe.  Thanks God Oprah!

5 comments:

  1. Nikki thank you so much for your sweet words! I just checked out your very impressive blog and adore your style! Come to Los Angeles and visit ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! What toppings did you put on them? They don't look like your typical everyday pizza toppings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! I used hickory apple smoked bacon and sauteed fennel and onion. It was insanely good :) Let me know if you make it and if you have any suggestions!
      xx
      ~S

      Delete
  3. Wow that pizza looks really good!

    ReplyDelete