Saturday, January 14, 2012

Shopping Hiatus

<my overfed baby closet>

I just did laundry.  And while I loathe it tremendously, it served it purpose by highlighting just how out of touch I am with the parameters of my closet. There were dirty items that I had completely forgotten about.  Grey jeans - ooooh I missed those! James Perse over priced white tee? I misssed you too! So, clearly, I can live without these things.  So I will not be purchasing any clothing pieces, shoes, accessories, bags, etc for as long as I can stand it.  My biggest hurdle is my office location.  In the middle of SaMo shopping mecca - The Promenade, Santa Monica Place, Fred Segal, Wasteland and my ultimate drug, the Goodwill.  I've given myself a caveat that yes, I can still frequent the Goodwill but I can only purchase something if it takes my breath away/makes my jaw drop and I feel that it is an investment - something I cherish and will wear often.  I've got to give credit to Rachel of heart of light for the inspiration.  May the force be with me.

1 comment:

  1. i soo want a chanel bag!! <3

    http://rumourrhasit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete